Raven Housing Trust are looking for Volunteers To Support Youth Activities in various youth clubs in Merstham.
If you are passionate about making a positive difference to young peoples’ lives, have experience working with young people or would like some and have good communication skills and are able to relate well to young people, this could be a great opportunity to support your community.
Raven Housing Trust manage the youth clubs in Reigate and Banstead and are looking for a number of volunteers to support the development of the services these clubs offer to young people aged 10-19 (plus up to 24 with disabilities)
Tash Scully, Youth Inclusion Co-ordinator Raven Housing Trust
We are looking for people aged 18+ who want to work within the youth centres supporting the youth activities provided. There is a wide range of hours and activities that can be supported with flexibility to suit each individual volunteers circumstances.
All volunteers will be supported by qualified and experienced youth workers and will receive training and guidance throughout. Applicants do not need to have worked with young people before but this is obviously a plus. All applicants will be subject to enhanced CRB checks.
- To support the qualified youth workers in the youth activities available at the club.
- To initiate, develop and maintain positive relationships with young people.
- To plan and facilitate project activities for young people.
- To safeguard young people’s welfare.
- 2 full day initial Youth Work training provided free of charge including child protection.
- Guidance from experienced qualified Youth Workers and extended support network.
- Opportunities to gain further knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications in youth work.
- Ages 18+ but options for young people aged 16-17 to develop into Young Leaders
- An Enhanced Criminal Record Bureau (E-CRB) check will need to be completed (free)
- Experience of working with young people (desired but not essential)
- Ability to create and maintain positive relationships with young people
- Good communication and team work skills and a willingness to have fun!
Applications will be accepted throughout the year. They can be found at www.ravenht.org.uk/jobs. For more info please contact: Tash Scully on 01737 272526 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here for an application form: